My entire life I've loved taking things apart, seeing what makes them work, and putting them back together. The goal? Try and see what I can do to make it a little better with every new "thing". Did it always work? Of course not. The main takeaway here was always about the consumption of knowledge and the aim to walk away a little smarter every time. My development career - though shorter than some, and longer than others - has been a perfect reflection of 6 year old Matt pulling apart the typewriter in an attempt to "make it better". Whether it's the introduction of a new micro service to offload data processing, the introduction of an API to increase the ability to push things faster, or the implementation of Application Insights and analysis of the data its returned to streamline and increase performance of individual pages by 80+%, every new task is about learning, growing, and empowering those around me to do the same.
I strive in an environment that challenges, pushes, and drives me. I love to find problems, provide solutions, and see them through to completion. I want to be an asset, and help create a product that we can all be proud of.
- Oversight, mentoring, and management of a team of developers. I am responsible for their career path, growth, day to day management interactions, and ensuring their voices are heard within the overall company.
- Assigned to a project, I am the technical escalation point for all issues, driving coding standards and best practice adoption, review / approval of pull requests through Azure DevOps, and conduct regular code reviews. As the lead on the project, I am also responsible for breaking down feature work into User Stories for consumption by our team. This work is done through sprint planning on a regular cadence.
- The creation and maintaining of our CI/CD pipeline - deploying our code bases to Azure via Azure DevOps Build and Release pipeline system.
- Additional Technologies and Systems used throughout my tenure at Valorem Reply - Angular (2), Knockout, and React
- Creation of Web Forms application to manage and track repository data.
- Assisting in the Design and Implementation of a MVC application written to replace multiple prior ColdFusion Web Apps. This system was built to and streamline multiple existing applications and make them function under a single application.